Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Autumn Palette

The September equinox just passed and the Autumn palette is painted all around with the amber glows, the gold spills , the fluorescent yellows, the deep reds,  warm oranges and the browns. I am lucky to live in this part of the world where Nature paints its best , before getting into the deep winter sleep. With a good number of warm sunny days coupled with cool crispy nights -  the colors this year are truly breathtaking. One of the best times of the year for my walks in the woods is now and walking in autumn is full of fresh air, vibrancy and I totally immerse myself in the beauty of these glowing reds, oranges and yellows. Join me in this colorful walk where each leaf shines like a flower bathing in the sunlight...










This is just the beginning. Watch this space for more. And what are you waiting for? If you have autumn colors near you - use the weekend to stroll through them.

All pictures by me

linking to   Sundays In My City 
Patty's Weekly Story at Coloursdekor

15 comments:

  1. Lovely Pictures, Shanthi, I loved them all. I wish I could be there and take a walk with you. What about the northern lights, you must have captured that too in your camera, please share that also with us. You live in such a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Autumn, my favorite time of the year. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous Shanthi:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fall /autumn is a beautiful season..lovely pics Shanthi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pichas!!
    The 1st pic looks like a painting..
    thankx fr dropping by my blog:)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-meets-Fashion/147971171883645

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanti, your Autumn captures are breathtaking!!! Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics!! I m in love with Autumn tooo...just looking at your pics makes me want to run out and roll in the beautiful autumn weather we r having right nw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where I live in Maine, it is the same.Just beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning shots! Each one! Indeed a very beautiful time of the year

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous pictures that you have captured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh*.. Can I come for a walk too?? Absolutely stunning images!! Shanthi.. you know.. you are sooooooooooooo lucky.. to have this.. Its still HOT in Dubai.. and we are waiting eagerly for the temperature to drop.. a little.. (just a little)..

    And thank you.. for joining the Weekly Story.. You know you are an important part of the weekly story.. so I'm always delighted and super thrilled when you join in.. Totally makes my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your words are as beautiful as the images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures Shanthi! We're not quite there yet, but the temperatures will be dropping further this week, so we're getting there...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these photos, really is such a gorgeous time of the year, isn't it? I love autumn.

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete