Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wouldn't you like to float ?


……. that too in the comfy of the cottage that rises and falls with the tides. (I was in the middle of my big project of putting up the Norwegian home series on Home Shanthi Home.  I have been too lazy to compile the first in the sequence though I clicked the photos already a couple of weeks ago. I needed a break from that heavy task :-)) and started looking hither thither, when I hit this wonderful home (not sure if already covered? but who cares , one can never get tired of such a home – not me atleast) so enjoy the float :-)

  
the only way to get to this floating summer cottage on Lake Huron, Canada is by boat 
The foot bridge from the island to the cottage 
 the dock and ...
 .... the deck
 living room
Sleeping cabin on the hillock by the side
  All images via Dwell and Trenddir

Stay tuned for the first Norwegian Doll House I will be bringing to you shortly :-) 

6 comments:

  1. *sigh* can it get any more gorgeous than this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, this is such a dreamy home..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very pretty. Thanks for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sighhhhhhhh. What a lovely and peaceful house. It looks like it should be in some movies. So gorgeous and so simple.

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh myyy goodnessss, it's a dream! Pinch me!

    How completely wonderful. Great find, Shanthi!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete