Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vietnam - I am coming back

Thank you all for following me thru’ the trip and hope some of you have already included this beautiful  country in your must visit list. Though I went as a tourist I have to thank my hubby S and his work with environment and climate change, for the added proximity I got with the nature be it in the tropical evergreen forests, the Mangroves or in the fishing villages by the sea . Though he was busy with his work, I as an outsider could enjoy the nature and experience it closely. Integrated watershed management,  Transnational river eco systems conservation,  sustainable development, maintaining ethnic biodiversity are some of the key words they work with and their passion and effort in that direction is commendable.  I always complain that he works too much – but not in this trip – becoz while he was busy working, I could easily spend my time going to the local villages or at a beach relaxing or shopping the myriad wonderful things to my heart’s content.  It was never a problem to be on  my own and there were always people willing to help or guide. All in all I had a wonderful trip and Vietnam I am definitely coming back
For its wonderful evergreen forests
For its exotic sea  

the floating fishing villages and fisherman - a part of my husbands work




For its rich culture

 
 For the arts and crafts

the silk thread embroideries
 
For its mouth watering dishes 


 
For the very nice people
 Oy and Tien helped me explore the wonders of Vietnam. See the bike below and my white helmet that I used as a pillion rider :-).

For the wonderful shopping 




YESS !!!! I am going back
 
hmmmmm.... but now I have loads of unpacking and laundry to do :-). 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Awesome Awesome. Thanks for the lovely pictures. You had a fabulous time. These kinds of blogs more than just official travelogues help in tourism. Just loving all the pictures. And enjoy your summer. We are in the 90s!!!

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure had a rollicking good time. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Well captured and stated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked my country : ).. Hope to see you up North soon..Sapa, Hanoi, Mai Chau are worth visiting too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya Shweta I will sure come again. I would love to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete