Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hurra!!!! Rakel is 70 today and she is a 17th of May child.


Most of my readers by now know who Rakel is. I have done a couple of back to back posts here and here. She is 70 today and I feel, she deserves this post too both for her big 70 and as a 17th of May child. She is a very social person and threw her house open to all on the National day (17th of May) for several years, where people could just walk in for dinner followed by song and dance.  It was real fun to be at these parties year after year. Now she has a family party for which the house is set and I was invited to take my clicks. Then she has 2 more rounds of invites and unfortunately I will not be able to attend either, as I am off to Vietnam :-). 

 

Rakel is born during the war and she says as children they were not allowed to carry the flag and had to use it secretly. This painting of the Norwegian flag by a famous Norwegian artist is therefore very special to her heart, and the dress worn by the kids called Matrose dress is typical of early 90's  



The house is all set and ready for the party. Everything on 17th May is Rødt, Hvit og blått (Red, Blue and White) starting from the flower pots, to the table scapes, to the flowers to the cakes etc etc. So let us see what she is upto on this special day of hers.




 

Per has just about then baked these breads for the party and asked me if I would like to click the house man's bread and ofcourse I said YES YES YES .  Per also painted the bedroom blue as a B'day gift after her wish and she wished from her children that, they should clean her loft. Makes sense right - who wouldn't want a clean and organized loft. I know what to ask my kids when I am 60 or 70 :-)

Join me in wishing Rakel - Gratulerer med dagen - A very very Happy B'day.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rakel. The table is very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. Happy Birthday to Rakel!!! Love the table and the colors, so perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Rakel. Enjoyed your birthday table. I will become a follower

    ReplyDelete